It has been a difficult year. An understatement of the century. Under normal circumstances I consider myself an introvert, that is I recharge my batteries on my own rather than in a social setting, and charged they are. But most introverts are not built for this lack of socialisation. We are in the middle of a second lockdown. Between the first and second one, I felt that the government and the public were not being conservative enough about how we conduct ourselves, and so I was extra cautious and did not adventure too much into the wider world. In hindseight and having a better understanding of the statistics, I was very likely too cautious.
Now that we seem to have a vaccine on the horizon I feel confident enough to allow myself to start thinking about what my first steps out into the real world might look like.
In no particular order:
- Start a band.
- Go to a gig. Must be guitar-based, preferably with loud amps, optionally a genre I love.
- Go on a ‘dinner & movie’ date with my wife.
- See a football match. Oxford United will do, try to get tickets for Arsenal for some time in 2021.
- Start going to Oxford tech meetups again. I stopped going a couple of years ago. I do not know why, it just tailed off.
- I have missed seeing a lot of family and friends, get some weekends away sorted to visit and invite them to stay.
I’ll likely update this if I think of much else.